SPRING 2022 REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Our 2022 Spring Season will start at the beginning of February and run through the end of May. Players of all skill levels are welcome to join and we encourage multi-sport athletes.
- K-2 team: $225 per player (currently taking waitlist)
- 3/4 team: $275 per player
- 5/6 team: $350 per player
- 7/8 team: $375 per player (currently taking waitlist)
- Practice Frequency: Teams will practice 2x a week for 60-90 minutes
- First Practice: Will likely begin the week of 2/1, subject to change
- Practice Time: TBD, 4-7pm
- Practice Days: Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday
- Field Location: Pershing Middle School, 8204 San Carlos Dr, San Diego, CA 92119
- We’re expecting the season plan to return to pre-COVID schedule with games starting in March with the season ending in mid/late May.
- This will likely result in 8-10 games per team as games are generally held on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Game time varies by age, but parents should plan for at least an hour commitment for each game which includes warm-up time, half-time, game time, and post-game wrap-up. This does not include travel time to non-home games.
- Roster Capacity: Rosters will be filled on a first come first serve basis. If numbers warrant there will be A and B teams with rosters defined after the first few weeks of practice. Roster spots will fill up quickly, so we recommend to register as early as possible. If your age group is at capacity, please submit your registration selecting “Waitlist” to reserve a future spot once available.
- Jersey Numbers: This year, jersey numbers will be provided on a first registered first serve basis using the timestamp of the completed registration. You will be able to request up to 5 numbers. Please note, any registration after 12/31 will likely not be honored as uniform orders are placed in early January.
- Sibling Discount: If you have multiple siblings registering, you will save $25 off per child by checking the option under “Form Fees”
- Payment Plans: You will have the option to pay for the season up front or also in monthly installments. If selecting monthly installments, the first deposit is $100.
- Early Bird Pricing: Early Bird pricing ends 12/31/2021. If you register past that date, registration increases $25 per participant. Registration closes 1/25/2022
Our coaching staff is led by Andrew O’Neill (Head Coach Patrick Henry HS) who has over 10 years of coaching experience at the youth, high school and college levels. In 2021, Coach O’Neill led Patrick Henry to a DII CIF Division Championship as well as leading the MTLC 5/6A Boys to an A Division Championship being the first in the programs history. Prior to moving to San Carlos and taking over as Head Coach at Patrick Henry, Coach O’Neill was the Offensive Coordinator at SDSU from 2013-2016 helping lead the program to a 48-21 record, first and only Top 10 ranking and National Tournament appearance. Coach O’Neill also played at SDSU, was a 2x Captain and MVP and holds records for average Points Per Game. Coach O’Neill still plays today for San Diego Lacrosse Club (SDLC) and the San Diego Whalers (Senior A Box).
Players are responsible for providing the following equipment. MTLC has a limited supply of loaner equipment, and can assist with pointing you in the right direction for your equipment purchases. An equipment starter set is ~ $200-250. Players should also wear a protective cup (not pictured) and athletic cleats (lacrosse, football, soccer all work).
Please note, in 2022 all players are REQUIRED to have the new 2022 NOCSAE ND2000 Compliant Shoulder Pads commotio cordis (shoulder pads) that meet the NOCSAE ND200 standard and contain an SEI certification mark. Additional information can be found at the link below:
US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP:
All players are required to register with US Lacrosse to participate in both the Osprey Lacrosse program and the SDYLA league. If you do not have a US Lacrosse Membership, register HERE
The SDYLA is a spring league of member programs from communities throughout San Diego County. MTLC players must reside in Allied Gardens, College Area, Del Cerro, Grantville and San Carlos (elementary and middle schools feeding into Patrick Henry HS) to be eligible for this program. The only exceptions to this rule are if an adjacent community program does not offer a team or if a player’s home community program releases him. Releases are subject to SDYLA board approval and if that release is approved the player may then play for an adjacent community program only. SDYLA will be strictly enforcing these boundary eligibility guidelines.
REFUND POLICY AND INSURANCE:
We do not offer refunds or credits once registration has been processed. In place of a Refund Policy, we have a Registration Fee Insurance policy you can select to cover your player from injury, illness, or other perils preventing your player from participating in the spring