REGISTRATION IS CLOSED DUE TO TEAMS AT CAPACITY. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the waitlist!
Our Spring Season starts at the beginning of March and runs through the beginning of June. Teams practice two times per week and will play games in a jamboree format on the weekend.
With the current uncertainty of health conditions and return to sports in California, the league has decided to revise the calendar and playing format for the upcoming spring season which should allow for a higher chance of successful execution. The revised season schedule will go as follows:
- Five week season: 4 weeks of regular season jamboree style play (Sat or Sun) with 2 games each day plus a 5th weekend for playoffs.
- Game Dates: 4/24, 5/1, 5/8, 5/22. 6/5 will be an additional make-up date if there’s a rain out and no games will be played on Memorial Day weekend.
- In the event the State of California and County of San Diego does not approve competition, we still plan to hold practices in order for our players to get a spring lacrosse experience aligned with the counties safety protocols
Our coaching staff is led by Andrew O’Neill (Head Coach Patrick Henry HS) who has over 10 years of coaching experience at the youth, high school and college levels. Prior to moving to San Carlos and taking over as Head Coach at Patrick Henry, Coach O’Neill was the Offensive Coordinator at SDSU from 2013-2016 helping lead the program to a 48-21 record, first Top 10 ranking and National Tournament appearance. Coach O’Neill also played at SDSU, was a 2x Captain and MVP and holds records for Points per Game (PPG). Coach O’Neill still plays today for San Diego Lacrosse Club (SDLC) and the San Diego Whalers (Senior A Box).
All MTLC coaches have prior playing experience with most playing at the college level. Our program is known for our coaching staff creating a positive environment, welcoming new players, and making sure each player enjoys their lacrosse experience. Our coaching staff is also assisted by Patrick Henry HS Varsity players which volunteer to grow the game and give back to the local lacrosse community. Parent Assistant Coaches are also welcome and no experience is required.
- Teams Offered: grouped by grade level
- Kindergarten/2nd Grade (K/2)
- 3rd/4th Grade
- 5th/6th Grade
- 7th/8th Grade
- If numbers warrant there will be A and B teams with rosters defined after the first few weeks of practice
- Registration Fees: Registration fees include but are not limited to: player jerseys, league fees, practice and game facility fees, coaching stipends, and officiating fees
- K-2 team: $200 per player
- 3/4 team: $275 per player
- 5/6 team: $350 per player
- 7/8 team: $375 per player
- Registration fees increase $25 starting 1/1/2021
- Practice Frequency: Teams will practice 2x a week for 75-90 minutes depending on age group
- First Practice: First week of March (some teams March 1st, some teams March 2nd)
- Practice Time: TBD, but will be a 75-90 minute block between 3:00-7:00pm
- Practice Days: Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday depending on team
- Field Location: Pershing Middle School, 8204 San Carlos Dr, San Diego, California 92119
Players are responsible for providing the following equipment. MTLC has a limited supply of loaner equipment, and can assist with pointing you in the right direction for your equipment purchases. An equipment starter set is ~ $200-250. Players should also wear a protective cup (not pictured) and athletic cleats (lacrosse, football, soccer all work).
US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP
- All players are required to register with US Lacrosse to participate in both the Osprey Lacrosse program and the SDYLA league
- You will be required to provide current US Lacrosse Membership number during registration
- If you do not have a US Lacrosse Membership, register HERE
The SDYLA is a spring league of member programs from communities throughout San Diego County. MTLC players must reside in Allied Gardens, College Area, Del Cerro, Grantville and San Carlos (elementary and middle schools feeding into Patrick Henry HS) to be eligible for this program. The only exceptions to this rule are if an adjacent community program does not offer a team or if a player’s home community program releases him. Releases are subject to SDYLA board approval and if that release is approved the player may then play for an adjacent community program only. SDYLA will be strictly enforcing these boundary eligibility guidelines.
REFUND POLICY AND INSURANCE
We do not offer refunds/credits once assessed and placed on a team roster for the season. In the event of a medical emergency, documentation from a medical professional is required for a club credit. Credits will be pro-rated based on time played.
Due to the uncertainty around youth sports, this year we’ve included an optional Registration Fee Insurance policy if your player is not able to participate due to injury, illness or other covered perils.