OUR SPRING 2022 SEASON IS HAPPENING NOW!
ABOUT OSPREY GIRLS LACROSSE
Osprey is a nonprofit, lacrosse organization for youth girls in Allied Gardens, Del Cerro, San Carlos, and surrounding areas.
MISSION AND COACHING PHILOSOPHY
The Osprey youth lacrosse program aims to keep the fun in fundamentals by creating an environment that fosters growth and a life-long love for lacrosse. Our goal is to develop players who are confident, team players, that possess the skills needed now and in the future.
MTLC is fielding teams Kindergarten through 4th grade this season. The season runs from February 1 – May 14.
- Registration Fees: Registration fees include but are not limited to: player jerseys, league fees, practice and game facility fees, coaching stipends, and officiating fees (where applicable)
- K-2 team: $225 per player
- 3/4 team: $275 per player
- 5/6 team: $350 per player
- 7/8 team: $375 per player
- Practice Frequency: Teams will practice 2x a week for 60-90 minutes
- First Practice: Will likely begin the week of 2/1, subject to change
- Practice Time: Varies by team, but are between the hours of 3:30-6:30pm
- Practice Days:
- Monday/Wednesday: 3/4 team
- Tuesday/Thursday: K-2 teams
- Field Location: Rancho Mission Canyon Park (6005 Larchwood Ave, San Diego, CA 92120) off of Margerum Ave
- There will be 10 games per team this season, in a jamboree style format. Teams will play 2 games in one day across 5 weekends.
- Games will be on Saturdays at a few different locations throughout San Diego County.
- Game time varies by age, but parents should plan for at least an hour commitment for each game which includes warm-up time, half-time, game time, and post-game wrap-up. This does not include travel time.
EQUIPMENT AND UNIFORMS
All players will be provided a reversible game jersey, practice shirt, and shorts to keep and wear for practice and games.
Required Equipment Provided by Player
- Girl’s Lacrosse Stick (there is a difference from boys) (~$35)
- Sticks may not be modified from original manufacturer specifications
- See page 61 of the US Lacrosse Youth rule book for additional details on stringing and stick modifications:
- Lacrosse headgear (like goggles) that meet the ASTM F3137 standard for women’s lacrosse headgear (~$25)
- Mouthguard (~$3)
- Mouthguards may not be clear, white, have any protruding tabs, or any imaging of teeth on it
- Athletic shoes or cleats (~$25-$50)
- Note, there is no jewelry allowed at any level. Players must be able to take earrings out to play
US LACROSSE MEMBERSHIP
REFUND POLICY AND INSURANCE
We do not offer refunds or credits once registration has been processed. In place of a Refund Policy, we have a Registration Fee Insurance policy you can select to cover your player from injury, illness, or other perils preventing your player from participating in the spring
ABOUT THE COACHES
Coach Alicia joined Osprey in 2021, as the 3/4 head coach and Osprey Girl’s Program Director. She has significant experience both playing, coaching, and officiating from youth through collegiate levels.
As a coach, she has served 7 years as a head coach at two separate high schools in San Diego, including Patrick Henry High School’s inaugural season in 2000. She was also the head coach for the Pacific So-Cal Region for two years where she traveled with an elite team to the National Tournament. Alicia has also served as the program director for South Swell Sports, coached youth programs for Adrenaline Lacrosse, and most recently for Coronado’s K-2 youth program.
As a native San Diegan, Alicia played locally both at Coronado High School and San Diego State University. She served as captain on both teams and also received MVP honors on both. Additionally, while on San Diego State’s Women’s Lacrosse Club team, she led her team to the Western Women’s Lacrosse League (WWLL) Division-II Championship and received the WWLL DII MVP award and the following year made 1st team for the WWLL DI. Alicia continues to play on the San Diego Post-Collegiate team in summer and as other opportunities arise.
Last but not least, Alicia is an active and long-standing official and Vice President on the San Diego County Lacrosse Umpire board. She currently holds and has held the highest local rating available for over 10 years and assists with training and mentoring new officials at all levels.